Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ramblings on a Tuesday in early January

Dear Maddy,

It's Tuesday afternoon and Nick is back at work after almost two lovely weeks of time off. We took the Christmas tree down last night, and everything feels shockingly back-to-normal. I would say it's almost like it never happened, but the sudden increase in toys all over the living room begs to differ. As does the new car parked outside. Can you believe I got a car for Christmas?!? It felt so much like living in a commercial that I kept half-expecting Nick to slip a diamond necklace around my neck and whisper inane drivel in my ear. Thankfully he refrained - although I'd take the diamonds any day!

 Espen got good at opening presents really quickly. 

We had a really lovely Christmas, though. It was just right balance of family time, alone time, time away and time at home. It was so so so fun to see Espen open his gifts on Christmas morning, but if I had to be completely 100% honest, I'd have to say that my favorite part was running away with Nick for two days of us-time. After a very busy end to the year, that was exactly what we needed.

Big grins = happy Norths. 

Now I am waiting for Espen to wake up so I can take him to the park as promised. We're having a sunny, snowless winter, so we're taking advantage of being able to use the playground. I really wish we could have some decent snow for that little boy to play in, though. He talks about snowmen constantly, but has (somewhat sadly) stopped requesting "Mama, make snow?"

So, how are you surviving 2012 so far? Are you going to be all set for your art exam on Friday? I won't expect to hear back from you until that is all out of the way, but I do hope you post some pictures of what your creations! 

Also, I wanted to say how excited I am to be blogging this way with you this year! I think it suits us and our schedules much, much better. Less guilt, more chatting! 

Take care, xx, 

Tamsin

1 comment:

Tante Sigrid said...

I like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...