Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cabin fever

Dear Maddy,

As any mother will tell you, nap time is the time to carpe the crap out of your diem and do whatever your little heart desires, whether that be practical or otherwise. Today I'm going the hedonistic route and taking advantage of nap time to curl up on the couch with a blanket, some HGTV and a cinnamon roll. My excuse is that I have a cold and a toddler who is just recovering from his cold, so I need all the relaxation I can get!

Your girls' holiday sounds like fun! I actually never did anything like that, because I was in such a heated rush to move out here to go to school and get started with my life. I think it's a great idea to just relax and celebrate with your friends before you all go your separate ways. Growing up is great, and what you are supposed to do in life, but there is no reason to be rush to get there!

So, I think I need you to explain how sixth form college works for me! We left England before I started school, and my own education has taken place in Norway and the USA, so all I really know is what I've picked up from my English cousins - and you, of course! So you'll be finished with sixth form this summer, right? Unless you fail any exams, in which case you have to re-sit them?

And then what? You mentioned getting a job, any idea what you'd like to do? And would that be in addition to any further education, or are you doing a gap year? Or are you just DONE with school? I bet you're loving all of the questions, right? I guess that I'll always be a mother, even if I'm not old enough to be your mother! :)

Well, I don't really have anything too interesting to tell you. The past week has really been dedicated to taking care of our little sickie, and so we were stuck inside for daaaaaayyyyys. We've watched hours of cartoons, played with Lego, laid miles and miles of train tracks and read huge stacks of books. And gone through lots of tissues ("Mama, nose is broken!"). Yup, we're living the high life here :)

Take care,

Tamsin

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...