Friday, January 20, 2012

All by myself

Dear Maddy,

This week was a weird one. Nick was in Michigan for three days for his work, so Espen and I were on our own for the first time ever. Last time Nick had to travel for work, Espen and I packed up and drove down to Grandma and Grandpa, but this trip was a short one, so we spent it at home.

The first night we met my lovely friend Caren for dinner, and she then came back with us to spend the night. It's been a long time since I had a sleepover! After Espen was in bed we sat up and talked and talked for hours, just like the old college days. Of course, now Caren is a teacher and I have a small child so bedtime came earlier than it used to, but it was still great to just chat and catch up.

A little quality one-on-one time with Mr. Häagen-Dazs.

The next day I decided that I needed a project, so we went on a field trip to the Home Depot and bought some paint for Espen's bathroom. I would show you pictures, but I basically changed it from white to cream, so it doesn't exactly photograph well. It looks really good though, and I am so pleased with the change. No more grubby builder's white! Which means that after 3 years of living here, we now only have our bedroom and bathroom left. Now we just need to commit to a color and go for it. 

When I wasn't Espen-wrangling or painting, I managed to sneak in a little alone time, which I spent with the iPad, some ice-cream and a little girl TV. Specifically HGTV. Even more specifically Sarah Richardson. That woman is brilliant! And why is it that all the best interior designers are Canadian? 

Anyway, I digress. Espen and I did just fine on our own, but I am certainly glad it's not just the two of us all the time. I missed Nick like crazy, and consider him walking through the door last night the highlight of my week. And now I'm looking forward to spending a weekend together, just the three of us. 

Hope your weekend is fun too. Don't party too hard, you'll want those brain cells for your exams! ;)

Tamsin

1 comment:

wendysinfamilie said...

yummy that ice cream looks yummy :-) It is great to have alone time.. atleast a few minuttes..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...