Friday, July 29, 2011

Something I've learned- to share with you.

So, Tamsin's operation is delayed and she'll be blogging later this week! woohoo!- she suggested something we've made lately, and as lately I've done not very much at all, Tamsin suggested a new hairstyle, and I have in fact learned a brilliant trick to curl my hair- absolutely no fuss, with no heat, since I'm trying to grow my hair back healthily after cutting half of it off- which I'm still not over.
So- I did it last night and documented it for you,
Disclaimer- there are way too many pictures of me in this post.

So- someone told me about this trick- I gave it ago and haven't looked back yet-
You will need two things,
Hair
And a stretchy headband- if its totally plain it's a lot easier, but because I'm nothing if not over the top, I couldn't find one without a huge flower on it- the plainer the better.
This works for most hair lengths- even bob's because you don't need a lot of hair to wrap around a narrow band.
Basically- as I have tried to illustrate with the GIF above {can everybody see it?}
you just put the band round your head flapper style, and wrap your hair under round it until its all tucked in, it stays in really well- the best way  do it is when your hair is 85% dry and then sleep on it, that's how I do it, it takes about 5 minutes and it makes people thin you spent forever on your hair the next day- I particularly like to do it the night before sixth form, so I have to do no fuss but I look pretty fine for class.
However you can just do this at-whatever-time, for a few hours, and it works just as well.
Needless to say, the tighter you wrap your hair round/through the band the tighter your curls, I like to do it somewhere in between and just comb them through when I'm done.

The basic theory- if it's not clear- maybe I should have just videoed it- is to put a headband round your head running across your forehead- hippie style and pull the hair back up against it in little sections, and then through, so its wrapped through and the rest of the hair comes round against it- eventually (super quickly) it will all be done- the first time I did it it was a bit too full on 70's flicks for me, but from the second time its pretty spiral curls- email/comment if you want to try it but I haven't explained it well enough!




I hope some of you give this a try- it's just so easy and it always works and it means I'm not damaging my hair- and I get an extra half an hour in bed.
Let me know if you try it!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Brilliant! I'm definitely going to try this! I'm always looking for something new to try, and can never get my hair to have nice curls like that! I'll let you know how it works.

craftyashley said...

I am totally trying that!

Tamsin said...

Genius! You may even have inspired me to do something to my hair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...