Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What's in your makeup bag?

This week we're sneaking a big into every girl's bag of tricks: the makeup bag. Admittedly, showing off the contents of my own make-up bag is a little scary, somehow. I don't really wear makeup most days, and even when I do, it's usually pretty minimal. Nevertheless, here it is!


In all its glory, behold the Might Makeup Bag!
I'm pretty sure I've had it for about a decade now. My mum gave it to me, and I believe she has an overnight bag/big handbag that matches it. Full disclosure: Until a few days ago it was full of pink dust because my blush had gotten smashed and made a huge mess. Thank you, oh mighty internet, for providing me with an opportunity to clean it up!

Here it is again, with its little guts spilled all over the place. Espen has currently confiscated the big brush (which I'm pretty sure I once swiped from my aunt - Sorry, Sigrid!) and is triumphantly waving it around and calling it a "bus".

Here is the stuff I use regularly:
Mascara: Covergirl Lashblast fusion, black.
Blush: Physician's Formula, Blushing Sunset.
Lipgloss: L'Oreal Color Juice, Raspberry Smash.
Eyeshadow: Wear Infinite, Golden Sunset.
Assorted brushes. One for eyeshadow, one for blush and one for blending.

Mostly I just wear blush and mascara. I just bought the blush to replace my old one that has been discontinued (you will be missed, Max Factor!), but so far I'm quite liking the Physician's Formula one. It's pretty light on my skin, and adds a pretty natural looking glow. I do like my red lipgloss for a bit of low-key glam. The eyeshadow is a good color, but doesn't really have much staying power, so I'd like to replace it. I probably should wear some sort of foundation, but I haven't found one I like yet. Any ideas?


And here's the stuff I carry around and hardly ever use.
There's the Snoopy mirror that my mum gave me, also about a decade ago (Do you think she was trying to tell me something?). I prefer a full-size mirror when I do my makeup, but good old Snoopy has gotten me out of a tight makeup spot more than once. A lipgloss, two lipsticks and a lip liner, all in safe and neutral colors. White eyeshadow for highlighting, and a couple of MAC eyeshadows. I loved the new-penny colored shade stick, and it always looked fantastic in the mirror, but any time I saw myself wearing it in a photo, I just looked tired and inebriated. Not a good look!

Anyway, that's my makeup bag for you! Check back later this week when Maddy, a mere slip of a girl, will school us all in the art of makeup. And tell us; what's your makeup staple?



3 comments:

Tana said...

Fun theme this week, and I also loved the favorite things last week of you girls!

Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation (not the mineral kind)is something I've found that I like. My mother also gets me Este Lauder Double Wear when it's on sale, but I usually won't plunk down the $35 for it myself. I think the Revlon is a good substitute.

madsta said...

I'm bit of a neutral colours, with the odd red lip thrown in kinda girl too!
I LOVE revlon colourstay, but you've fantastic skin so I would recomend a tinted moisturiser, I think the estee lauder Daywear plus is fantastic,- so are laura mercier's ones
x

madsta said...

I'm still laughing at the 'a mere slip of a girl' line, I was in fact today described as "big boned"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...