Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Painting creative

This week Tamsin and I decided to do something creative- a painting or something of the like, however, as a student of A-level/ and A/S level art, I have a slight unfair advantage, as I will likely spend most of the week painting for my half term homework- Tamsin agreed that I could post what I was working on- though, I feel it a slight cop-out on my part.


This is where I started this morning- slightly risque for our blog, but let it be known, I am a huge fan of Jenny saville, and will paint her works at any given opportunity- this was for an artist's reference page in my sketchbook, I had most of it done bar the arm on the second painting- Now I am thinking I will have to go back to it again, it's bugging me, and not quite right- don't even get me started on the hand.
These are parts taken from a three-section painting called 'strategy' by Jenny saville- done by me in acrylic paints, and a heavily watered down acrylic- so it gives the appearance of a watercolour- for the background.- this goes on to a double page spread.
And now- the start of an unfinished painting- which, I don't like, nor do I think will work out.

We shall see- again done in acrylics.- a copy of a work by Auguste Renoir- again for my sketchbook.
I will also visit some art Gallery's in London this week.
If I am honest, painting is not really my forte, I am much more comfortable with a lead pencil and something to sketch and shade- a sketched portrait is my favourite to draw.

And lastly, a quick colour pencil drawing of an alien toy- obviously, to up my observational drawings count.
This may all seem quite sporadic, but I'm pretty sure it all vaguely fits with my theme.
Vaguely.
If you can't tell already, I've a particularly short attention span, and thus, cannot sit and do one thing for any length of time, normally I flit between several projects as my mood takes me.

{click to enlarge}
Here is some of my old GCSE work, so aged 14-16 if your not familiar with the system.
It was sort of cheating, but I figure the phrase "your whasting precious time!" came into play, and I needed to get my work done, so I thought I'd share what I'm working on today.
I can't wait for Tamsin's unbaised approach to painting on Thursday, I know she's good.

1 comment:

Tamsin said...

I love that you didn't go with the "safe" option for your artist's reference, and I think you did a really great job of picking up on Jenny Saville's textures and brushwork.

Plus, that alien is just cool :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...